Tuesday 17 January 2017

No More G.A.S

Books

I think, I finally realised late last year that having the latest gear didn't really matter to me.  For most of the year I had agonised over whether to buy a new camera or not
, I spent a lot of hours reading 100s of reviews of different cameras; should I buy Fuji, Panasonic, Olympus, should it be micro 4/3, APS-C, is it to big, is it to small.

Looking at the books I bought last year, I realised it not about the gear, it's more about the education. Youtube is a great source for learning but another and in my option a much better one is books.

The picture above shows the books I bought in 2016, these books have helped me understand photography better, they have given me inspiration to go out and try to make better pictures and at no point have I thought about the equipment that was used to take them. 

So for the next year; I'm not going to look at new cameras, I'm going to stay away from reviews and just concentrate on making better pictures.  

*G.A.S=Gear Acquisition Syndrome

No comments:

Post a Comment