Friday 14 April 2017

"Are you a professional photographer?"

The Shard


"Are you a professional photographer?"

I was asked this yesterday whilst taking the above image, by a workman/security.  My reply was does it matter, he then proceeded to tell me that I couldn't take pictures there, had to explain that, one I was taking a picture of the Shard and two I was on a public road and had a right to take pictures there.

I did ask him, if being a professional would make any difference and he mumbled something I didn't hear.  He then disappeared to the back of the yard, and reappeared along with a friend who asked the same question, to which I gave the same answer.

I did hear mention of Police; but not to me, so I hung around for an extra 10 minutes but either the Police were to busy or it was just a bluff to frighten me away.

Moral of the story, know your rights, stand your ground because photography isn't illegal (yet!).

No comments:

Post a Comment